In this edition, get to know a few designers who aren’t sticking to the status quo on their ‘services’ page. Every client has different needs, so why limit them by limiting yourself?
California Daydreams is adamant about people truly living in and enjoying the spaces they design. Whether that’s kicking your feet up on the coffee table or getting a little messy in the kitchen, this Bay Area design studio creates comfortable spaces for families to make their homes. Founder and Principal Designer Gina Caulkins is a working mom herself and launched her business on this idea from personal experience with a busy family still wanting a peaceful retreat at the end of the day. Gina and her team cater to clients with a variety of needs and their services reflect that.
- Design Day: design-only service with up to 2 hours of in-home design time and up to 6 hours crafting the Design Plan, ideal for clients seeking assistance in completing rooms or selecting materials for construction, with a shoppable list provided to bring the design to life
- Styling Session: hand-select decor from our inventory that complements your design preferences and mixes with your existing pieces, with the option to purchase our favorite items at the end of the session
- Full-Service Interior Design: covers all the design steps – designing, planning, ordering, installing, and styling – and collaborates with contractors when necessary
- Interior Design Consultation: 90-minute walk-through and tailored proposal
Kristen T Messina Design’s founder, Kristen Toscano Messina, began her design career as a set designer in the film industry creating visual landscapes as an extension of the narrative. In transitioning to interior design, Kristen reflected this skill in her work by finding the client’s story and expressing that in their home. With an emphasis on natural materials, she designs rooms that evoke a sense of wonder and serenity. Kristen provides services ranging from in-depth projects to a helping hand.
- Designer for a Day: 1-1 design session to help you design, shop, problem-solve, or style a space and get advice on making the most of what you have and what you need
- Designer By Your Side: 20-hour blocks of time for professional help and advice for clients who need a little help in certain areas but want to be involved
- Holiday Decoration: transform your home with the beauty of the season – tree decorating, wreaths, garlands & tablescapes.
- Design Consultation: 2-hour walk-through to discuss needs and get to know the space, getting a fresh set of eyes on the project
- Full-Service Design: style from start to finish by creating floor plans, layouts, mood boards, and whatever else you need to transform your space
Green Shareen Design was founded by Shareen Bailey in the hopes of creating a design firm that was bespoke, female, and eco-friendly for other small businesses. Shareen is the only AfroLatina Interior Designer in Harlem, NYC, and specializes in growing women-owned businesses through designing from scratch and/or remodeling home offices and newly leased or purchased places. Creating spaces that are simultaneously stylish and live-able, she consistently hits the mark on clients’ expectations for a functional, high-quality end result.
- Virtual Design: ideal for everyone social distancing and wanting anything from consulting advice to entire rooms designed for DIY implementation through 5 steps – click, consult, create, call, complete
- Fill out a questionnaire to understand needs
- Services include paint consultations, mood boards, styling, space planning, finishing touches, sourcing specific items, etc.
- Receive a virtual client presentation of your e-design services including live links to purchase items
- Commercial Interior Design: transform your space to align with your mission and values, attracting clients to an ambiance crafted by us and executed with our architectural expertise, perfect for new or existing businesses and hospitality groups seeking full-scale renovations or new construction.construction
- Residential Interior Design: redesign your living or working space to suit your needs, with construction management and decorating services for all aspects, catering to owners and long-term renters alike
Feldman Architecture is a forward-thinking residential and commercial studio, celebrated for its eco-conscious designs that seamlessly coexist with the earth, creating captivating and meaningful spaces that enhance the lives of clients, communities, and nature. Collaboration efforts lie at the heart of their design philosophy, yielding exceptional results to be enjoyed for generations. Feldman Architecture is committed to giving back, dedicating 1% of its collective time towards pro bono projects and organizing fundraising events, ensuring that thoughtful, sustainable design remains accessible to all. Their ongoing projects, including a deployable kitchen and classroom, the Global Glimpse Bay Area headquarters, and the SF Community Health Center office renovation, exemplify their devotion to community engagement. As pioneers in this endeavor, they can inspire others to embrace benevolent design and empower those in need to experience the beauty of architecture.
Get into a deeper conversation about interior design with these podcasts! Interior Design Therapy Sessions with Britney Johnson empowers women to own their style and create authentic homes. Spacecraft – The Workplace Podcast examines the transformative nature of a well-designed workspace for businesses. Interior Design Business dishes out advice on how to attract high-paying luxury clients. Profit is a Choice teaches you how to command every choice in your business to increase profits.